Take IT and Go Anywhere

Take IT and Go Anywhere

Start Your IT Path

Did you Know?

There are nearly 30 public higher education institutions all across Massachusetts, not including online programs?

What courses transfer?

A number of local communtiy colleges and public 4-year universities in Massachusetts have developed Articulation and/or Transfer Agreements for computer science and IT related degree programs.

Click on the links in the chart below to see which computer science and IT agreements are in place. (This list in not all inclusive, please contact individual transfer offices for more information.)

Articulation Agreements: An agreement between institutions that specifies courses a student should take at a community college and the transferability of those courses to the 4-year degree program. An Articulation agreement addresses the transferability of one degree to another degree.

"Roadmaps to Transfer": A less formal agreement between two institutions that specifies transferability of applicable credits and outline a smooth pathway towards transferring to a 4-year degree program.

MassTransfer: Statewide transfer program for Massachusetts. Transfer Program Agreements


Computer Science and Information Technology Articulation and Transfer Agreements


  UMass Amherst UMass Lowell UMass Boston UMass Dartmouth Bridgewater State Framingham State Fitchburg State
Community College *Roadmaps to Transfer*            
Holyoke Community College CS            
Bunker Hill CS   CS, BSIT, CIS     CS, CIS CS, CIS
Bristol CS     CS, CE, MIS CS, ISM    


CS         CS CS, CIS
Mass Bay CS CS CS, BSIT     CS, CIS CS
Middlesex CS CS       CS, IT CS, IT
Quinsigamond CS CS       CS CS
Springfield Technical CS            




BSIT- BS Information Technology

CE-Computer Engineering

CS-Computer Science

CIS-Computer Information Systems

IT-Information Technology

ISM-Information Systems Management

MIS-Mangement Information Sytems